Files in the top-level directory from the latest check-in
Reciproka: Mutual Credit MVP: SBB powered Mutual Credit Wallet/Market
This is alpha software and documentation in early stages
Reciproka (Esperanto for mutual) is a mutual credit market and wallet. This is the source code
This could be the user story:
- Angie has an artisan tent in the local market, where she and her family sell hand made wood products. The store has a small sign that says "Mutual Credit accepted here" with a QRCode and a short url.
- Beto wants to buy from Angie a beautiful hand made piece and inquires her about the Mutual Credit ($MC) sign.
- Angie explains that he can buy totally or partially using $MC and explains shortly the idea behind: a transferable paying promise and Beto thinks that is a pretty cool idea, so he scans the QRCode from his cell phone.
- The Reciproka Mutual Credit Wallet/Market app is installed in few seconds on Beto's phone and when he opens it, Reciproka creates the public and private ssb keys, asks about products/services that Beto is offering and/or looking for and shows his total (given/taken) credit and the peers offerings in the close network, particularly Angie's.
- Beto follows the Reciproka pub/market (or Mutual Market for short), which is already preloaded/suggested in the mobile app. Angie and other mutual merchants are subscribed also to this pub.
- The Mutual Market shows all products/services and the collectives/merchants behind them and community's evaluation of them. Think of something like the book club app, but for places, products and services in the Mutual Market.
- The Mutual Market has a Broker/Accountant Bot (BAB), that serves as a broker for transactions in the Market, stores private messages between buyers, updates (given/taken) credit values between them and respond to the Mutual Market Council. The Council has the possibility to decript the BAB private keys (via Dark Crystal) and is the entity that fosters and keeps the Market accountable (The Council is kind of the Clearing Houses described in Credit Commons Protocol and use BAB as a (semi) automatic assistant. All this is transparent for Beto as a new user.
- Angie or Beto use BAB to send each other a private message about the transaction they are going to do. This will record that Angie give credit to Beto and Beto has taken credit from Angie and will be reflected in their particular wallets.
- Angie gives the handcraft wood product to Beto and he enjoys it with their love ones.
- As time passes, Beto gets a notification from Carol, another Market merchant/client who sell products/services to Angie and now is interested in Beto's product/services. Beto and Carol use BAB to do the transaction and all wallets reflect of the participants reflect new credit balances.
- The process repeats with old and new members of the Mutual Credit Market/Wallet and everyone's credit reputation and balances reflect that.
Of course these are general details and there is a lot to explore referred to the governance,
bootstrapping, deployment and development of such future user stories.
For example, I think that credit reputation should be private, but can be queried by any two
parts in a transaction if they agree on that. Is this approach right? Should this have transaction
feed to cover the platform development? How The Council gets its members?
In the bliki post referred above I talk briefly about how I plan to explore and decontruct present implementations of sbb, but these are broad strokes.
Ideally I would like to program the Mutual Market/Pub, its bots and mobile experiences in Pharo and PharoJS over the sbb server/protocol, because live coding in Pharo is unbeatable, is the language/environment that I feel more creative/eloquent/agile and because the biological metaphors of Pharo/Smalltalk over sbb can create something similar to what is being explored in Holochain, but with live coding! :-). And as I said, the Global South is a particularly well suited place to explore alternative futures by exploring alternative infrastructures, in dialogue to what is happening in the Global North, but without trying to be a copy of their history and more in a construction between equals.
Scuttlebutt seems like a #SlowCyber home for a lot of shared dreams/concerns and critical but hopeful approaches to the present and the future.